Agenda coming soon...
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Presentation”.
- Economic Landscape
- Regional Opportunities
- Frameworks and Guidelines
- Achieving Sustainability
- Technical Know-How
- Technological Developments
- How can we address new global needs with less impact on nature?
- The Ocean offers a future resource for minerals with less impact than land-based resources
- Understanding the need for a coherent and consistent approach to sea based activities
- New technologies in the Ocean industries will accelerate developments making this the Century of the Oceans
- Utilising autonomous solutions for high resolution exploration
- Implementing over the horizon capabilities for remote solutions
- Looking at could-based data services enabling near real-time global access
- Optimising system performance for low-cost remote operations
- Underwater mining prototype project involving 17 partners from 9 European countries
- Positioning, navigation and awareness systems using data fusion for virtual surveillance in subsea mining
- Enabling confident scaling to full-size mining, productivity and cost management
- CAPEX, OPEX and budgets for technology
- Fit for purpose technology solutions for deep sea mining vessels
- Areas for future developments
- Bridging offshore and onshore operations with hybrid satellite-based network solutions for improved business efficiency
- How fully managed communication solutions enable enhanced operational performance and worker well-being?
- How fiber optic cables crossing the world’s oceans can be used for deep sea mining exploration
- Developing a clear strategy to enable operators to engage with cable owners during the mining process
- The relative effects of current areas producing minerals and comparing it to the potential effect of Deep Sea Mining
- The environmental, social and commercial arguments for production at existing and future sites
- Also reviewing the strategies for stakeholder engagement in light of high profile documentaries such as Blue Planet
- Functional resilience in microbial communities based on understanding of how ecosystems respond to impact
- Case studies and descriptions of new environmental monitoring approaches not considered before
- Looking at exploration work on polymetalic sulphides in the India Ocean
- Operating under the regulations of the International Seabed Authority activities
- The New Zealand EEZ Act 2012 - Learning to apply new legislation
- Four years and three consents on, what has been learnt?
- What remains as challenges for applicants and for decision-makers
- Are we nearly there - is there a settled basis for decisions?
Environmental Protection Authority, New Zealand
- Looking at Kiribati's new law on deep sea mining
- Status of other law's in the South Pacific nations
Thomas Cooper Law
- The Pacific Islands region contains deep sea mineral deposits of commercial interest, within national jurisdictions
- Pacific Island governments may face governance challenges for regulating deep-sea mining
- Regional coordination presents new opportunities for stronger and better governance
- Looking at the steps towards developing a 'Pacific Islands Seabed Minerals Treaty'
- Legal overview of maritime risks encountered in offshore exploration
- Looking at maritime boundaries and assessing maritime risk
- Do the regulations provide clarity for States and companies wishing to engage in activity in the Area
- Do they address environmental concerns including the application of a precautionary approach
- Useful guidance for States seeking to manage deep seabed mining in areas of national jurisdiction
- What technology transfer obligations on Contractors are contained in the draft?
- Which further obligations of this type may be considered incorporated by reference?
- What is the impact of these obligations on the individual Contractor?
Haver & Mailänder
- Areas for concern and areas for focus
- Looking at the commercial viability
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Key topics for 2019:
- The economic landscape and drivers for growth in deep sea mining.
Understand the key market drivers and growth prospects for the near term. Where are the opportunities?
- Achieving sustainable seabed mining projects in harmony with nature
Hear from frontline deep sea ecological experts on the latest techniques to build an environmental impact assessment plan
- The status of prospecting and exploration, the latest methods and results
Explore new areas of economic value and be the first to hear about the latest methods and results from prospecting and exploration activities
- Regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules
Discover the hottest regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules from geological experts
- Working with nations through a regulatory framework, the opportunities and risks
Hear from key regulators and develop a cohesive plan to work with the International Seabed Authority and individual nations through the regulatory challenges
- Technological developments associated with commercialising Deep sea mining
Be at the cutting edge of technological developments for deep sea mining and explore diversification opportunities for existing companies involved in offshore applications
- A crosscutting gathering of ocean mining stakeholders from industry, government, scientific and regulatory communities.
William Senke, Lockheed Martin
- The event provided a high quality agenda and set of speakers for this important, emerging industry.
Paul Holthus, World Ocean Council
- A very informative summit, addressing novel technical approaches for exploration and monitoring of deep sea mining. The emphasis on environmental responsibility was very encouraging.
Richard Davies, Fugro
- Deep sea mining is together with shale fuel the most interesting and ground breaking growth industry in the next 25 years- and the yearly deep sea mining summit is a key forum to attend.
Peter Jantzen, Wartsila
- The event brought together a wide spectrum of industry players and the associated flow of an organisations to provide an up to date window into a new developing industry.
Rick Phipps, Seas Offshore
- Excellent conference, great to have key industry players in one room.
Mark Brown, Minister of Minerals and Natural Resources, Cook Islands
- The presentations were very relevant to our current issues and I found the conference very useful both technically and socially.
Robert Goodden, Subsea minerals
- The organisers have done a fantastic job interacting together a complementary set of subject relevant to the development of the deep sea mining section.
John Macdonald, SAMS Research Services [SRSL]
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities