- Economic Landscape
- Frameworks & Guidelines
- Achieving Sustainability
- Regional Opportunities
- Technical Know-how
- Technological Developments
- Developing deep sea mining projects from geological confidence - but what are the challenges in estimating mineral reserves?
- Looking at the potential market opportunities as the industry moves into deep sea mining commercialization
- Comparing geological histories and orebody continuity for deep sea and terrestrial deposits
- Looking at the mining options and its impacts and comparing the risks
- Understanding prospecting methods and citing experiences from Solwara I
- Exchange business cards and get connected in short one-to-one meetings
- Start the conversation to arrange a more formal meeting later on in the conference
- Share your professional background and discuss your biggest business issues - Don't forget your business cards!
- Looking at new technological developments associated with commercializing deep sea mining
- How underwater technologies have evolved to offer more cost-effective solutions for deep sea mining applications
- Where technologies can be used across various stages from initial exploration to full-scale minerals extraction
- Looking at specific technologies for use in monitoring operations, impacts on the environment, and pollution mitigation
- Pilot test of excavating and ore lifting conducted for seafloor polymetallic sulphides
- Using excavating and ore-collecting test machines for excavating seafloor polymetallic sulphides
- A step toward the establishment of technologies for the development of ocean mineral resources
- Utilising autonomous solutions for high resolution exploration
- Implementing over the horizon capabilities for remote solutions
- Looking at could-based data services enabling near real-time global access
- Optimising system performance for low-cost remote operations
- CAPEX, OPEX and budgets for technology
- Fit for purpose technology solutions for deep sea mining vessels
- Areas for future developments
- An insight into the world's first seabed mining vessels built-for-purpose and the challenges in prototype designs
- Can deep sea miners take advantage of unfavorable economic conditions in the oil and gas sector to secure low-cost vessels?
- How economically viable is it to convert used deep water drilling vessels for use in deep sea minerals extraction?
Chaired by John Marcus
- Bringing key stakeholders together to achieve sustainable seabed mining projects with an integrated approach
- Frontline deep sea ecological experts offer insights into the latest techniques for environmental impact assessments
- Looking at new global initiatives to mitigate the potential impacts of deep sea mining and how to work with communities
Chaired by Sean Collins
- Functional resilience in microbial communities based on understanding of how ecosystems respond to impact
- Case studies and descriptions of new environmental monitoring approaches not considered before
- Understand the key market drivers and growth prospects for the near-term. Where are the opportunities?
- New regional updates and developments to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules
- Which geological models should be used where and when to predict and estimate grades and abundance of deposits
- What are the near-term objectives for commercialization and where do regions see themselves heading?
Chaired by Robert Hartley
- Looking at exploration work on polymetalic sulphides in the India Ocean
- Operating under the regulations of the International Seabed Authority activities
- An update on the current status of the Project
- Looking at 3D modelling of Atlantis II resources
- Proposals for a definitive feasibility study
- The New Zealand EEZ Act 2012 - Learning to apply new legislation
- Four years and three consents on, what has been learnt?
- What remains as challenges for applicants and for decision-makers
- Are we nearly there - is there a settled basis for decisions?
Environmental Protection Authority, New Zealand
- Understanding the challenges facing the International Seabed Authority and Sponsoring States
- Reviewing the various approaches to regulating marine mineral extraction across multiple regions
- Looking at the key elements of the ISA's draft framework for regulations governing exploitation of minerals in the Area
Chaired by John Marcus
- The Pacific Islands region contains deep sea mineral deposits of commercial interest, within national jurisdictions
- Pacific Island governments may face governance challenges for regulating deep-sea mining
- Regional coordination presents new opportunities for stronger and better governance
- Looking at the steps towards developing a 'Pacific Islands Seabed Minerals Treaty'
- Legal overview of maritime risks encountered in offshore exploration
- Looking at maritime boundaries and assessing maritime risk
- What technology transfer obligations on Contractors are contained in the draft?
- Which further obligations of this type may be considered incorporated by reference?
- What is the impact of these obligations on the individual Contractor?
Haver & Mailänder
Key topics for 2018:
- The economic landscape and drivers for growth in deep sea mining.
Understand the key market drivers and growth prospects for the near term. Where are the opportunities?
- Achieving sustainable seabed mining projects in harmony with nature
Hear from frontline deep sea ecological experts on the latest techniques to build an environmental impact assessment plan
- The status of prospecting and exploration, the latest methods and results
Explore new areas of economic value and be the first to hear about the latest methods and results from prospecting and exploration activities
- Regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules
Discover the hottest regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules from geological experts
- Working with nations through a regulatory framework, the opportunities and risks
Hear from key regulators and develop a cohesive plan to work with the International Seabed Authority and individual nations through the regulatory challenges
- Technological developments associated with commercialising Deep sea mining
Be at the cutting edge of technological developments for deep sea mining and explore diversification opportunities for existing companies involved in offshore applications
- A crosscutting gathering of ocean mining stakeholders from industry, government, scientific and regulatory communities.
William Senke, Lockheed Martin
- The event provided a high quality agenda and set of speakers for this important, emerging industry.
Paul Holthus, World Ocean Council
- A very informative summit, addressing novel technical approaches for exploration and monitoring of deep sea mining. The emphasis on environmental responsibility was very encouraging.
Richard Davies, Fugro
- Deep sea mining is together with shale fuel the most interesting and ground breaking growth industry in the next 25 years- and the yearly deep sea mining summit is a key forum to attend.
Peter Jantzen, Wartsila
- The event brought together a wide spectrum of industry players and the associated flow of an organisations to provide an up to date window into a new developing industry.
Rick Phipps, Seas Offshore
- Excellent conference, great to have key industry players in one room.
Mark Brown, Minister of Minerals and Natural Resources, Cook Islands
- The presentations were very relevant to our current issues and I found the conference very useful both technically and socially.
Robert Goodden, Subsea minerals
- The organisers have done a fantastic job interacting together a complementary set of subject relevant to the development of the deep sea mining section.
John Macdonald, SAMS Research Services [SRSL]
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities